How to find out the best string trimmer for you?
The string trimmer is a crucial garden tool that is also referred to as a line trimmer. The best string trimmers allow the addition and replacement of accessories as well, and we have so many choices available in the market, so finding the best model may prove to be a difficult task.
Several factors can make a string trimmer more attractive, and the most critical factors include price, suction power, and versatility.
When you are trying to figure out which string trimmer is best, you start with an overall comparison and being able to narrow down your needs to determine precisely what type of string trimmer you need.
Price is an essential factor to determine the overall value of a string trimmer, but a low price does not always mean that you are getting the best value for your money, you may need to compromise with quality and features. The ease of use and the ability to maintain the lawn in time can make a higher-priced string trimmer a better value for money buy.
We have chosen two different ways of selecting the best string trimmer, basically based on features and based on consumer reviews, which typically show the real value and real-life performance of a specific string trimmer.
You can check the top three Best String Trimmer sold on Amazon：
- 6.5A, 14 inches electric string trimmer
- This product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
- Included components: (1) BESTA510 String Trimmer, (1) AF 100 Spool, (1) Auxiliary Handle, (1) Guard
- Rpm: 8000 rpm
- Power Source Type: battery-powered
- INSTANT LINE FEED Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, Free Spools for Life!
- BATTERIES ARE INCLUDED 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool, and can be used on any other tool in the WORX Power Share family
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger; Amp hour: (2) 1.5 ampere hour
- Power drive transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. Line diameter: 0.065 inches; Cutting swath 12 inches
- Easyfeed allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20V MAX system; 1 system endless tasks. Power for your style
Best string trimmers Based on Features
WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12” Cordless String Trimmer
WORX WG163 is the best all-in-one trimmer for your work. You can complete all the trimming with a single trimmer when you have the WORX WG163 GT 3.0. The spacer guard feature gives you a more accurate cutting experience.
Yard work will become fun for you, and you are going to love doing it with the WORX WG163. Impress your neighbors with a beautiful yard using this trimmer.
- Instant line feeding enable in just a push
- Work perfectly in tough terrain with the help of its head tilts 90-degree feature
- Rubberized wheels ensure better performance at work
- Some regular users have some issue with the original line
BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easy Feed String Trimmer
BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 allows you to choose from more speed or more runtime. In just a click, you can advance your line. Besides, all the features of top-quality trimmer are available on this BLACK+DECKER.
Lightweight and balance of the machine will give you more control on hand. It has been accepted as an all-rounder trimmer by most of the regular users.
- Micro-texture soft coating for better comfort
- Height and handle can be adjusted according to your need
- BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 is a 2 in 1 trimmer to wheeled edger
- Thick cutting is not so perfect on it
Husqvarna 128LD 17″ Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer
This trimmer features a powerful 28 cubic capacity, a 2-cycle engine. It can reach high and out-of-the-way areas thanks to its 17-inch cutting width. It is performance-oriented and an all-purpose garden tool that can be used for an excellent all household trimming jobs. Its unique Smart Start system ensures a fast and powerful startup with little recoil and vibration.
- It is performance-oriented.
- All-purpose-Trimming and mowing agent.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Requires careful assembly before use.
This is an excellent machine. It starts up with ease and has plenty of power. You can do a bunch of different activities with it. If you need a good weed wacker, this is the ideal tool for you.
CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger (CMCST910M1)
CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer/Edger features a high-efficiency motor and is equipped with a 4.0 Ah battery allowing you to take on the tasks at hand. The string trimmer/edger features a unique gear drive that is designed to make it able to power through very thick weeds and bushes. With an adjustable shaft, you can set it at your preferred length giving you much comfort. The trimmer functions with a 13-inch cutting swath and has variable speed so you can set it at either high or low speed, depending on the job at hand.
- Adjustable shaft;
- Variable speed;
- Good battery life;
- Easy to use;
- Easy to maneuver.
- Not perfect for edging.
User view This product has quite some unique and quality features that make it a choice for many customers. For a weed whacker, this Craftsman product is one of the best you can get out there. It makes trimming easier, and the battery lasts longer.
Sun Joe TRJ607E-SJB 10-Inch 2.5 Amp Electric String Trimmers, Dark Blue
Sun Joe TRJ607E-SJB 10-Inch Electric String Trimmer is lightweight and powerfully designed for complete and quick trimming tasks. Featuring a great l 10, 000 rpm, 2. 5-amp motor, bump feed spool with 15-feet and a 10-inch cutting swath, you are assured of professional grooming around small yards, flower beds, patios, and walkways.
All you need is a connected power cord, press the activator button, and go.
- Perfect for small yards;
- Perfect handle for maximum comfort;
- Lightweight and crisp;
- Bump feed spool advances cutting string as needed;
- Instant start – powers up with the push of a button.
- Spool cap hard to remove.
To keep your garden looking beautiful throughout the year, Sun Joe TRJ607E-SJB 10-Inch Electric String Trimmer is designed to make your yard chores simplified, quick, and comfortable. You will love it.
Southland Outdoor Power Equipment SWSTM4317 Southland Wheeled String Trimmer
The Southland 43cc wheeled string trimmer makes your yard work more manageable and quick than ever. It features a 20° – 30° trimmer head swivel for straight-line trimming and a 5° – 10° trimmer head bevel for edge trimming. Its adjustable height loop makes working comfortable for different heights.
This wheeled string trimmer gives you over 35% more rotation compared to a handheld string trimmer. It is easy to move around with it, and this enables you to trim hard to reach places easily.
- Easy to start and operate;
- Adjustable Height loop handle with spring-loaded thumb Actuated throttle Control for comfort;
- Multi-string trimmer head (0.095 inches and 0.105 inches) helps you choose the line that is more comfortable for you;
- A 20° – 30° trimmer head swivel for straight-line trimming;
- A 5° – 10° trimmer head bevel for edge trimming.
- Not for overgrown grass.
This converts the GT trimmer into a walk-behind edger, and vice-versa in a matter it is excellent for moderate jobs, but fibrous stems can be a problem for this trimmer. See Black & Decker NST2018 Revies.
It costs around $130. Although it has a tough to handle cord, this trimmer can efficiently cut vigorous weeds and tall grass, and it does not make much noise and is easy to use. This one does not cause much pollution, and you do not have to buy oil or gasoline for it, and this lasts long and can also be used with a 200 feet extension cord. It is lighter than gas trimmers but a bit heavier than electric trimmers, and It is cost-effective in price as well as in maintenance.
The top-rated gas-powered Craftsman 79197 is powerful enough to cut down weeds and tall grass, and you do not need an electrical cord. Furthermore, its four-stroke engine is more efficient, more durable, and quieter than cheaper two-stroke engines, and you do not need to mix oil with the gas here in it. Reviews from the users say line refills are comfortable, and the split shaft allows you to use attachments. It weighs around 20-pound that makes it cumbersome to apply for more than a few minutes, so you will probably need a shoulder strap or harness to hold this up for long. If you do not mind dealing with an electrical cord, the less expensive Stihl FSE60 is nearly as powerful as it is but weighs less than half as much.
Propane string trimmers are new to the market, and this Lehr trimmer was introduced in spring 2009, so the brand and the trimmer is not that much used to be proved. However, so far, the reviewers, basically the users who reviewed this, are fans of the Lehr Eco Trimmer. It is as powerful as a gas trimmer, yet you do not have to buy and store gasoline for this, and propane is less polluting too. But, you have the cost to bear for one-pound propane canisters that are $3 to $5 each, which cannot be refilled and only give, you two hours of runtime each time after you refill the tank. This trimmer has a detachable curved shaft and weighs 15 pounds with the propane canister, and all these Eco Trimmer models are reasonably substantial. So those who want power but less weight may want to consider the corded electric Stihl FSE60 as this is another eco-friendly choice and a good one.