You probably need a string trimmer that is sturdy, durable, reliable, and easily cut through the thickest grass, weeds, or brush in your yard. The string trimmers that can get this type of job done are the gas-powered string trimmers, they come with pure power, and you can’t compare other trimmers to these classes of tools.
It can be difficult to choose the right string trimmer that fits the job you need to do because there are thousands of gas-powered trimmers. To limit your search and make sure you get the best gas-powered string trimmer, we have been able to pick the best ones using bases such as performance, durable, power, and comfort. Below is the review of the best gas-powered string trimmers.
You can check the top three gas-powered String Trimmer sold on Amazon：
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: Straight shaft design makes it easier to trim under bushes and hard to reach places. Fixed line head allows you to change out line in seconds.
- POWERFUL CUTTER: 25cc 2 cycle gas engine and versatile design allows you to do multiple chores with one machine. Fixed line feeds .105" round line
- DEPENDABLE CUT: 25cc 2 cycle lighweight yet powerful gas engine and 14-inch cutting width allows you to trim more grass and chop weeds in less time
- QUICKSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for smoother and easier pull starts. Get going right away on yard work, lawn care, and other around the house projects
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE: Multi-position handle gives operator more control for less fatigue during use. Trim more efficienty and effectively with full comfortability and command
- 2-IN-1 TRIMMER/EDGER: Power trimmer with 10" brush cutter blade and a 0.09" trimmer line. Easily converts from blade to line head. The two-in-one string trimmer and lawn edger is ideal for trimming around yards and lawns. The powerful 31cc 4-cycle single cylinder engine is contained for maximize performance.
- SAFETY USAGE: Designed with an easy-to-remove baffle, can prevent debris from splashing, ensure working safety and increase operating efficiency. The string trimmer head is designed for simple and easy line reloading. Have no worries for replacement of the trimmer line. Cordless design make user safer and more convenient to use.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNS: The cordless string trimmer with super shock absorption design, more comfortable to use, enhancing the user experience . Adjustable auxiliary handle make user easier to control. A translucent fuel tank allows you to visually monitor your fuel level as you work.
- EASY TO STORE: The telescoping shaft is convenient disassembly and storage. Most of the parts are detachable and easy assemble. Doesn’t take up space for storage. Package includes:Trimmer Brush cutter,Trimmer head, Blade, Blade shield, Handle, Shoulder harness, S3, S4 Hex key, Spark plug wrench, Oiler and User manual.
- CUSTOMER SATISFICATION: PowerSmart is always aiming to provide great consumers value with the absolute best price and quality entire line of products. The product qualify for a 2-year warranty, Our service team will provide premium service to help solve any problem.
- Powerful Engine : HUYOSEN grass trimmers work efficiently with powerful 38.9cc 4-cycle engine, greater power. The max engine speed can be up to 7000r/min, allowing you to do heavy duty jobs and finish the job more efficiently and quickly, using less gasoline. You can save cost and time with the trimmer for grass.
- Safety Design: The debris shield mounted just above the cutting attachment helps protect operator from deflecting debris produced during the trimming operation. High safety valve throttle protection switch is against accidental starts and ensure user safety.
- Convenient to Lubricate: 4-cycle grass cutter, trimmer engine runs on unleaded gas, requiring no mixing of fuel and gasoline. So you don’t need to mix gasoline with fuel, more convenient.
- Less Noise and Operator Fatigue: Quieter engine with comfortable handle to reduce vibration and operator fatigue.Ergonomic adjustable U-handle with slip-free design and shoulder strap make the machine balanced, maneuverable and easy to control.
- Easy to Start: Effortless and reliable starting system make the machine start easily and reduce half of the resistance.High safety valve throttle protection switch is against accidental starts and ensure user safety.
1. Husqvarna 128LD 17″ Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer
This trimmer features a powerful 28 cubic capacity, a 2-cycle engine. It can reach high and out-of-the-way areas thanks to its 17-inch cutting width. It is performance-oriented and an all-purpose garden tool that can be used for an excellent all household trimming jobs. Its unique Smart Start system ensures a fast and powerful startup with little recoil and vibration.
- It is performance-oriented.
- All-purpose-Trimming and mowing agent.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Requires careful assembly before use.
This is an excellent machine. It starts up with ease and has plenty of power. You can do a bunch of different activities with it. If you need a good weed wacker, this is the ideal tool for you.
2. Remington RM25S 25cc 2-Cycle 16-Inch Straight Shaft Gas-Powered String Trimmer/Brushcutter.
Remington RM25S 25cc is an electric weed and grass trimmer with a 16” string that Is powerful, and it quickly brings down the overgrown yard. Its straight shaft penetrates through the hard to reach places. The 25 cubic capacity gas engine allows you to take multiple tasks all at once. That is, you trim more grass and cut off more weeds in less time.
On the other hand, its multi-positioned adjustable handle gives the users more power and control with less effort throughout the use.
Did we mention that is, has a 2-stroke engine? This means that fuel is mixed with oil at a ratio of 1 to 40. This gives the engine more power and can clear the area twice as fast as an electric machine.
- Ultra-lightweight design.
- Good for light and medium jobs.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- A long straight shaft that helps trim under bushes.
- Multi-leveled adjustable handle that gives the user more control with less effort.
- The effort needed to start the trimmer.
If you want to do an excellent job for an average backyard and trenches, the Remington RM25S 25cc is the best. It has got a good feel in the hands and doesn’t throw your back out for being dense. It is best for even the most demanding task.
3. Husqvarna 129C 17″ Cutting Path Gas String Trimmer
When you need a robust & secure to use tool to tackle the grass & weeds in your yard, Husqvarna 129C 17 inches Gas String Trimmer is the best. The quick-start technology feature makes it easy to start the engine by providing up to 40% cord resistance. With its curved shaft, it will help you work with comfort and for a more extended period.
- Easy to start and use;
- Runs quietly and smoothly;
- Produces low vibrations;
- curved shaft design for greater comfort;
- Quickly release New trimmer line as you work
- Translucent fuel tank for monitoring your fuel levels as you work.
- Not suitable for heavy-duty
If you are looking for a powerful tool that cuts through grass and weeds with ease and the shortest time look no further, you just landed on the right one.
4. CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger (CMCST910M1)
CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer/Edger features a high-efficiency motor and is equipped with a 4.0 Ah battery allowing you to take on the tasks at hand. The string trimmer/edger features a unique gear drive that is designed to make it able to power through very thick weeds and bushes. With an adjustable shaft, you can set it at your preferred length giving you much comfort. The trimmer functions with a 13-inch cutting swath and has variable speed so you can set it at either high or low speed, depending on the job at hand.
- Adjustable shaft;
- Variable speed;
- Good battery life;
- Easy to use;
- Easy to maneuver.
- Not perfect for edging.
This product has quite some unique and quality features that make it a choice for many customers. For a weed whacker, this Craftsman product is one of the best you can get out there. It makes trimming easier, and the battery lasts longer.
5. Echo GT-225 2 Cycle 21.2cc Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
With its curved shaft design, it makes it easy to move around. Coupled with 21.2 cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine, it guarantees you an outstanding performance. The GT-225 gas weed trimmer is more comfortable to start because it requires less pulling effort. The 2-stroke gas engine uses a 50:1 ratio of fuel and oil mixture, which powers it for efficiency.
- Easy to start
- Curved shaft makes it easy to reach hard places.
- Powerful engine.
- You might need to load the string always.
Amidst all the gas trimmers in the market, I guess you would want a weed trimmer that makes your work easier and gives your yard a professional look. Echo GT-225 2 Cycle 21.2cc Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer will do precisely that.
6. Poulan Pro PR28SD, 17 in. 28cc 2-Cycle Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer
Poulan Pro PR28SD has a dual-line feed that ensures you get great cutting results. With its simple Pull string assisted starter technology, you will be able to start it with less cord pulls. It also has a 6-optional trimmer attachment (edger, blower, brush cutter, pole saw, hedge trimmer, and cultivator) that easily converts from one to another in seconds.
- Easy to assemble and start;
- Converts from trimmer to other attachments in seconds;
- Powerful weed trimmer;
- Throttle control trigger is light and easy to control;
- Suitable for heavy duties;
- Comfortable for tall users.
- It is a bit heavy.
This Straight Shaft gas String Trimmer helps you save on time. Within a few minutes, you can cuts through flower beds, playgrounds, sidewalks, and bushes more effectively.
7. Husqvarna 128cd curved shaft string trimmer
Husqvarna curved shaft string trimmer is one of the best sellers for a good reason. It is a perfect multi-purpose trimmer for homeowners that have a little storage unit but still prefer to do their maintenance. The trimmer has many unique features, and one of them is the stop switch, which automatically resets for easier starting to on position. The shaft of the trimmer is detachable, and you can attach of Husqvarna accessories.
Furthermore, the trimmer has a Smart Start feature that makes it easy to start with little effort. It also has a twin line cutting system that has a Tap ‘N Go technology, which reduces downtime by a quick line field. The handle of the trimmer is also very comfortable, making it possible to reduce fatigue when using it for an extended period.
With the weight of 17.9 pounds, Husqvarna is a light multi-purpose trimmer with high wire cable drive, and it also comes with a T25 semi-automatic trimmer head, which gives it an easy loading.
- Multi-use product
- Shoulder straps
- Easy to start
- Safety throttle
- Small engine
- The shaft can be a little loose
- It uses only the brand-specific fuel
8. Hitachi 21.1cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered String Trimmer
The Hitachi 2-Cycle is a reliable and pure performance string trimmer that is designed with the standard of industry components to give you durability. Convenience and stable performance are the major selling point of this model, and it is also what put it among the best trimmers. The trimmer holds a line of 13 feet, which means that you can work for a longer time without the need to refill. It also has a 21.1cc PureFire engine that provides you with reliable power, and it also features a proprietary S-Start, which includes a Walbro carburetor; this makes it easy to start.
The Hitachi 2-Cycle string trimmer is built to commercial standards, and this makes it easy for cutting through thick weeds and brushes. It also has a long curved shaft, which means it is easy to extend and handle difficult areas, and this prevents you from fatigue that could be a result of awkward bending. At 12 pounds, it is very light in weight, making it easy to maneuver. It also boasts of an anti-vibration system for smooth operations and comfort.
Also, the trimmer is affordable and highly desirable, and it comes with a 7-year warranty for residential, 2-year warranty of commercial use, and it also covers a 1-year warranty for rental purposes. The major drawback of the trimmer is the noise; it has 100 dB, which makes it quite noisy.
- Smooth start and effortless pull force
- Less level emission
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Works with about different attachments
- Commercial grade 2-stroke engine
- Quite loud
9. Troy-Bilt TB575 4-Cycle 17-Inch Straight Shaft Trimmer
The Troy-Bilt TB575 is a powerful trimmer that comes with a four-cycle engine, if you are looking for a trimmer that offers extended period and by which you wouldn’t have to be concerned about discomfort, this is the model that gives it all. It has high mobility and portability, which you can attribute to its sleek design. It is affordable despite its much function, and it is also easier to maintain when compared to other gas-powered string trimmers.
The Troy-Bilt TB575 straight shaft trimmer features a SpeedSpool bump head, which makes it simpler and faster than ever before to load line. They also incorporate it with a SpringAssist that aid you in starting the trimmer by pulling the cord and still boast of optional JumpStart, which you can use to initiate the engine without the need for a cable. The trimmer is built with a 29cc four-cycle engine, which gives you an enhanced cutting power, and you can handle any undergrowth. You wouldn’t get stained when fueling because it doesn’t require mixing oil.
The model of this trimmer creates space for several attachments which improve the versatility of the tool, and the long straight shaft makes it easy to reach under bushes and shrubs, and this reduces fatigue. The design gives it a multi-position handle; this means that it is well optimized for both right and left-handed users. Just like other gas trimmers, it requires regular maintenance.
- Good power output
- Hard to start
- Uses lots of lines
10. The Tanaka Gas-Powered String Trimmer
The Tanaka Gas-Powered String Trimmer is a commercial-grade that can cut through very dense weeds and brush without flinching; you will find it easy to operate. It can produce 13 feet of a line, which means it can run for longer periods of time before they need to replace it. The trimmer also comes with a 21.1cc Purefire engine, which will give you durability and power. Homeowners that have already used the model praise fuel optimization; this means you will spend more time work than refueling. It is also engineered with a purge bulb and Walbro carburetor for easy and quick starts.
The Proprietary S-Start functionality that comes with it reduces the amount of force needed to pull and start the engine. It is also designed with a long curved shaft, which is easy to maneuver as it extends into the areas that are difficult to reach, and this relates to the fact that you will not suffer strain as a result of bending to trim. The trimmer is light in weight with just 12 pounds, and it is well balanced; you will be able to move around the yard with little effort.
The Tanaka Gas-Powered String Trimmer is equipped with an anti-vibration system, which reduces fatigue and makes it easy for you when using it. It is a first-rate gas-powered trimmer that is affordable, and it covers a seven-year homeowner, two-year commercial, and one-year rental guarantee. One of the major downsides is that it has a two-stroke engine, which means that you have to mix the oil before use.
- High quality
- Fuel-productive motor
- Easy to begin and utilize
- Doesn’t switch over to an edger
- Poor customer service
11. ECHO SRM-225i String Trimmer
The Echo SRM-225 String Trimmer is a premium 2-cycle engine commercial trimmer which is one of the best on the market. It is designed with the best components giving you a first-class cutting experience with incredible power that can handle any task. It is user-friendly with many features that make it easy to maintain and operate. With a transparent fuel tank, it is easy to know when you are running low on fuel. The incorporated Proprietary U-turn head trimmer reloads lines within a slit of a second, and the bump feed mechanism effortlessly releases more line by taping the head against the ground.
The Echo SRM-225 string trimmer rapidly and efficiently cuts your workload by trimming through a wide area with its dual-line and cutting width. The 21.2cc engine gives it an exceptional power, which is strong enough to cut through the heaviest weeds and brush. It also boasts of a heavy-duty air filtration system that extends the life span of the trimmer. It comes with an i-30 technology that makes this model easy to start and a cut-off knife and durable shield that helps to manage tangled and long undergrowth.
The rubber comfort grip and anti-vibration handle gives you the best support that any trimmer can offer; it also has a straight 5-foot shaft that improves your reach to cut the weeds that are in the most sensitive locations. It is light and easy to handle, and you can carry it even with a full tank around your yard comfortably. It is preassembled on delivery, but you have to mix the oil before you can start it, and it takes quite a lot of maintenance.
- Lots of power
- Easy to start
- It is noisy and polluting
- It requires mixing
Buying Guide of Gas-powered String Trimmer
String trimmers are a highly effective and versatile tool for cutting through dense weeds, grass, and undergrowths. They are perfect for edging, can cut the areas where mowers can’t reach, place like around the fences, rocks, near trees, and the likes. Some of the trimmers accept additional attachments that can turn to an edger, hedge trimmer, brush cutter, and more.
Benefits of Gas Trimmers
Gas-powered string trimmers have many advantages that make it the most sorts after by professional landscapers and people with large yards; it is regarded as the most suitable for tough tasks. Discussed below are some of the advantages of working with a gas-powered string trimmer.
Engine Performance: Gas-powered trimmers have big engines that equate to more power and optimized cutting speed. If you need to move from one job to the other and get it done in no time, a gas-powered string trimmer is a perfect option for you. You will save lots of time, and you wouldn’t need to keep recharging it every minute, you just refuel immediately you are out of gas, and you can start cutting again.
Results-Oriented: You can’t compare anything to the performance of gas-powered trimmers, Electric trimmers lack the power to cut through thick weeds and brush while gas trimmers slice through the thickest grass with ease. It is powerful enough to do any job.
No Limitations: Gas-powered string trimmer doesn’t have cords, which means you are not limited by any extension, and you can go as far as you like. It allows you to trim difficult areas easily.
Durable: Gas-powered trimmers come with either two-stroke or four-stroke engines, which are very powerful and last longer than other trimmers.
Every product has both advantages and disadvantages; gas-powered string trimmer is no exception, and below are the drawbacks associated with the trimmer.
Noise: Out of all the types of string trimmers, gas-powered trimmers make the most noise, and that is why it is recommended to use ear protection when operating the engine.
Refueling: With the cost of oil and fuel, gas-powered trimmers can be expensive to use.
Emissions: The emissions that are linked to gas-powered trimmers can be harmful to the user, and it is chaotic to the environment, though new gas-powered trimmers now come with low emission, and it is safe to use.
The high cost of maintenance: Gas-powered trimmers require regular maintenance, and this also leads to an additional cost due to its moving parts.
Features you should consider
Here are the main features you should consider when you are ready to buy a gas-powered trimmer. It should be light in weight, easy to maneuver, and handle. You should also look for the trimmer that has a centrifugal clutch; this makes the gas trimmer to be stationary without rotating the head. It should also have debris shield and spinning head for edging. Below are also some of the important features you could consider.
Shaft Shape: There are two primary types of shaft configuration, the Straight shaft, which offers longer reach to difficult areas, and the curved shaft, which is easier to maneuver. Choose the trimmer with the shaft that is best suited for you.
Line Feed: There are a bump feed and a fixed-line head; the bump feed discharge more line as you need it from the spool while the fixed-line head releases short lines to remove tangles, and this means that you have to use it more often.
Engine type: Gas-powered trimmers have two-cycle and four-cycle engine; the two-cycle engine is less expensive when you compare it to the four-cycle engine while the four-stroke engines are more powerful, easier to start, and doesn’t require oil mixing
With all this gas-power string trimmers’ review, we are sure you didn’t only know the ones that are more robust, durable, and comfortable; you also know the trimmer that is best suited for you. If you have been able to decide on which one to buy, all that is left for you is to make a few clicks, and the trimmer will be yours.